So, I’ve never watched Gossip Girl.
I’ve heard a gazillion things about it, seen a gazillion GIFs about and still just never had time between my Skins and 90210 bingeing.
That all changed last weekend whilst having ‘me time’, home alone at my parents’ and desperate to find something to watch on Netflix that I can’t normally watch.
Low and behold I find GG, and whilst I’m not actually too fussed about this phenomenon, I wanted to see what all the craze was about.
I wasn’t particularly wowed by the show, but that might’ve been because I am not really at the age it’s aimed at anymore, and perhaps also because it’s been a hundred years since it was made.
However, as a true Netflixer, I bashed out 5 episodes in one sitting, and here’s just a few of the thoughts I had.
- HOW IS HE GOING TO CALL YOU, SERENA? YOU HAVEN’T EXCHANGED NUMBERS.
2. WHY DOES EVERYONE KNOW WHERE EVERYONE ELSE LIVES?
3. Wait, isn’t he that super famous guy? He looks like an outsider from Skins. Let’s face it, sweatbands were never cool.
4. I don’t know how I feel about seeing the future Mrs Reynolds
5. STAND BACK SHE’S RYAN’S BAE TO BE.
6. Tumblr is full of gifs of Blair and Chuck, but they’re not even together? Nice spoiler for myself there.
7. I feel like this was better to watch at the time, rather than when I’m older than all the characters…
8. Why don’t they ever have actors that look the characters’ age?
16. Can I be as Resting Bitch Face as Blair?
9. Can I also have her hair?
10. And her wardrobe?
11. And her house?
12. Why does the ‘poor’ family still have an amazing apartment?
13. Why don’t my friends just throw their old dresses my way?
14. In fact, why am I not rich?
15. WHAT ARE THOOOOOOSE
16. Now I really miss my LG
17. Gossip girl is clearly Perez Hilton disguised as one of their mums
18. WHY IS NOBODY REPORTING CHUCK FOR BEING A PREDATOR.
19. I literally don’t think there’s been a more unstable friendship than Serena and Blair
20. How did people watch all this? It’s so cringe.
21. Why am I still watching all this? It’s so cringe.
I’ve been told that these thoughts are only preliminary, and that after a few hours of some srs watching, I’ll be left alone in the middle of the night staring gormlessly at the screen, pushing through 2 seasons a day and getting totally roped in.
I think I’m ready.
I’ll let you know how it goes…